Friday, January 29, 2010

Student Biennial + recent work

Featured in Arcadia's Bulletin (Feb 2nd, 2010), written by Sarah Schwartz

Student Biennial '10 / "Tomato" / 16"x20"

Arcadia University's gallery (that's my college) hosts a student biennial, for which the artwork is picked by an outside curator. This year, philadelphia curator Sue Spaid was asked to choose the work. I was pretty elated, as one of my paintings was chosen. My first curated exhibition, and second group exhibition.

This painting was done, after the 3 of the previous post. It's part of an exploration of the relationship between the individual and a transitional object (the tomato). I really loved how huge the tomato looked in comparison to the boy, and the subtle color relationships in the composition. I'm not sure how much more will come from this series..


Looking forward to thesis, I've been replacing the transitional object with intense areas of light. Here's a painting I did in December, as my first try at this concept:



More to come from this.. I'm working on a few right now.

1 comment:

  1. You should look at Eric Fischl, if you're not already. Specifically with how he does light coming through windows.

    ReplyDelete